EchoUser is a growing full-service User Experience research & design firm based in San Francisco, CA, with satellite offices in Boulder, CO, and Washington, DC. We’re looking for an Office Coordinator to add to our growing team in San Francisco.
We pride ourselves on researching and designing for a wide variety of complex products and domains. Whether it’s enterprise design (e.g., Cisco, Juniper), massive user populations (e.g., Google), multi-faceted systems (e.g., BART - Bay Area Rapid Transit), different experiences (e.g., Gooru, and the ‘learning experience’), or subtle real-life experiential challenges (e.g., bagels, coffee, asteroids, etc.), we like all complexity (and destroying it!).
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Project Manager to join our growing company. In this role, you will be balancing a myriad of responsibilities, ranging from coordinating client project logistics to developing and growing internal project management processes. You will be launching and executing projects, managing a team of designers/researchers while also interfacing with stakeholders on the client side. You will be responsible for speaking to the work that we do here, keeping the team on track, communicating and facilitating project trade-offs, managing client expectations, and building client relationships.
Above all, you exemplify and uphold our company values by fostering a culture reflective of these principles.
The following description lists out the initial primary responsibilities which will likely expand as you take on additional responsibility.
Project Planning & Execution
- Define and manage roadmaps and requirements for sprints, milestones, and deliverables
- Ensure team is on time and deliverables are of high quality
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to facilitate project tradeoffs
- Facilitate decision-making at key project milestones/decision points
- Manage cross-functional teams, composed of designers, researchers, front-end developers, engineers, and third-party partners
- Work with Account Managers on negotiating and executing scope/statements of work
- Optimize project management process and train team members on project management best practices
- Assist with resource planning
- Manage project records in Salesforce.
- 1-2 years prior experience as an Project Manager (at a creative agency preferred)
- Effective analytical and leadership skills to lead user-centric creative workflows
- Start-up experience is ideal
- Optimistic, energetic, proactive, and extremely resourceful
- Strong managerial and influencing skills to make sure that projects deliver as planned
- Knowledge or interest in human-centered design processes is a plus.
How to apply
If you’re interested in potentially joining our passionate crew, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your LinkedIn and/or portfolio information.